Attention music lovers . . . Your brain works better on music.
Research continues to confirm the many ways in which music positively influences the human brain whether we are consciously aware of it or not. Here's five things you should know about your brain on music:
1. Music can change your ability to perceive time. (University of Central Florida)
2. Research has shown that listening to music can reduce anxiety, blood pressure, and pain as well as improve sleep quality, mood, mental alertness, and memory. (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
3. In a recent survey, music listeners had higher scores for mental well-being and slightly reduced levels of anxiety and depression compared to people overall. (Harvard University)
4. Music can evoke memories. (University of Central Florida)
5. In a recent survey, of those who reported often being exposed to music as a child, 68% rated their ability to learn new things as “excellent” or “very good,” compared to 50% of those who were not exposed to music. (Harvard University)
Was this article helpful? Let us know @healthandbass :)